Tuesday 27 January 2015

Cain and Abel 90210 seem different in their new video...

Israeli rock/metal trio Cain and Abel 90210 have released their new album/Ep/whatever Videodrome (which I will review all in good time) and from it comes first single and video for Lakach Zman. For those already familiar with the band, you'd know that their previous music videos and even live performances in the past have been done wearing masks and the whole concept of the band seemed really fun and pretty mental. This video shows the band in quite a different light...or cloud-covered shade, as the case may be. It is simply just the band, unmasked, rocking out at the beach on a bit of a dreary day. Although some of the lyrical content is still quite witty, the concept of "it takes time to understand things" is quite a poignant and relatable one. Musically, I have been unable to get the song out of my head since I first heard it. I'm a sucker for catchy melodies and this song has it. It is also simple enough Hebrew for me to enjoy it, which is kind of what I always liked about the band. The track has almost a later era Type O Negative feel...and you have to love that, right?

For those who read and understand Hebrew, the lyrics are included in the video description for you to follow. For those of you who don't but would like to understand the song...you can try google translate...but I wouldn't trust it. Morfix has a chance of working better.


No comments:

Post a Comment